Stolen car was used by motocross bike thieves who attacked teen
- Credit: Policing Fenland Facebook page
Thieves loaded a motocross bike into a stolen Volkswagen Golf during a violent aggravated burglary, it has emerged.
A 17-year-old suffered serious facial injuries when he disturbed a group stealing his bike from a garage in West End, March.
Police have renewed their appeal for information and released further details of the vehicle used during the incident, which happened on Monday, May 3.
A post on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: “We now know that the suspects loaded the stolen motocross bike into a dark blue 19-plate Volkswagen Golf that was parked on Elliott Road.
“This vehicle was stolen earlier on the same evening from an address at Slade Way in Chatteris.”
The victim disturbed a group of four suspects as they stole his orange and grey KTM 350cc SXF motocross bike.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect group then attacked him with a baseball bat.
They are believed to be teenagers or young adults, aged approximately between 14 and 20 years old.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 3 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 6 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 9 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
Anyone who has recently been offered a KTM motocross bike, knows of anyone who now owns one or has any information about who is responsible is urged to contact police.
It can be reported using the webchat function quoting reference number 35/26713/21.