Stop Smoking Team in Wisbech on World No Tobacco Day
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Smokers can give illegal tobacco the boot in Wisbech on World Tobacco Day with help from local health experts.
Cambridgeshire County Council’s Camquit stop smoking advisors will park their health van at Wisbech car boot sale on Sunday May 31 from 8am to 1pm.
Wisbech has been identified as a key area for the trade of illegal tobacco in the East of England.
The town also has the highest prevalence of smoking in the county. Illicit tobacco can encourage people to smoke as it is sold at a low price and can makes smoking more affordable, especially for young people.
The advisors will be on hand to talk to local people about the illicit trade of tobacco and how they can help stop it happening in their communities. The team will also be there to help and support smokers who want to quit.
You may also want to watch:
Val Thomas, consultant in public health at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “Local people can drop in and find out about the amount of harm the illegal tobacco trade does to local communities. Illegal tobacco is cheap, often sold at pocket money prices that encourages people, especially the young, to start or smoke more.”
For more information about giving up smoking, contact Camquit Stop Smoking Service for free on 0800 018 4304.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack