Storm warnings still in place - this is the moment when lightning hit in Tilney St Lawrence
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment when lightning hit over the village of Tilney St Lawrence.
As storms took hold across Fenland reader Jo Tidman captured the atmosphere in this dramatic picture taken on Wednesday evening (15).
Today a yellow storm warning remains for much of England and Wales according to BBC weathermen.
The warning is valid until 10pm tonight.
“Scattered heavy, thundery showers are expected to develop again on Thursday, and will lead to slow-moving downpours across the warning area,” said the BBC’s weather website.
“Many locations will miss these, but where they do occur, please be aware of possible localised flooding and disruption to travel.”
• Do you have any pictures that you think should make the news? Please email them to email@example.com
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 10 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life