Storm warnings still in place - this is the moment when lightning hit in Tilney St Lawrence
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment when lightning hit over the village of Tilney St Lawrence.
As storms took hold across Fenland reader Jo Tidman captured the atmosphere in this dramatic picture taken on Wednesday evening (15).
Today a yellow storm warning remains for much of England and Wales according to BBC weathermen.
The warning is valid until 10pm tonight.
“Scattered heavy, thundery showers are expected to develop again on Thursday, and will lead to slow-moving downpours across the warning area,” said the BBC’s weather website.
You may also want to watch:
“Many locations will miss these, but where they do occur, please be aware of possible localised flooding and disruption to travel.”
• Do you have any pictures that you think should make the news? Please email them to email@example.com
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour