I WOULD like to put the record straight for anyone who might have been taken in by someone, allegedly from Chatteris, who wrote a badly informed letter last week. One of the points made by this man was that Fenland District Council had somehow lost £17m
I WOULD like to put the record straight for anyone who might have been taken in by someone, allegedly from Chatteris, who wrote a badly informed letter last week.
One of the points made by this man was that Fenland District Council had somehow "lost" £17million.
Well, you may be wondering, especially after reading the other points made, who has "lost it"?
For those who may be more interested in the facts than he is, here goes.As a public body all our accounts and financial records are subject to a very thorough and rigorous audit. Most people would expect this of an organisation that has an annual turnover of more than £150million of public money. But not this man.
You may also want to watch:
The council's accounts and your money are protected and subject to a number of legislative and local checks and balances. Wouldn't you expect? And wouldn't you expect that if £17million went missing someone would notice? Not apparently this man.
CLLR PETER SKOULDING
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
Portfolio holder for finance
Fenland District Council