Arsonists set fire to 300 bales of straw
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set 300 bales of straw alight in Chatteris on Monday June 15.
Firefighters were called to the deliberate blaze on Doddington Road at 5.17pm.
One crew from the town and another from Ramsey were called to the stack fire.
When they arrived, the crews found approximately 300 bales of straw well alight.
The firefighters used hose reels and drags to break up the stack and get the fire under control.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to their stations by 9.30pm before re-inspecting the incident overnight.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.