Straw fire near to electrical pole and standing crops burns through the night
FIRE fighters kept a watching eye as a raging fire affecting 20 tonnes of baled straw burned through the night in close proximity to an electrical pole and other standing crops.
Two crews from March and one from Chatteris were called to the stack fire on Flaggrass Hill, March at 7.05pm on Friday (August 3).
“Firefighters arrived and discovered about 40 tonnes of baled straw, of which about half was involved in fire,” a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said.
“The bales were in close proximity to an electrical pole and standing crops.
“Crews kept a watching presence while the fire burnt itself out.”
You may also want to watch:
They returned to their stations by 6.40am on Saturday (August 4).
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle