Street drinking and speeding top list of public concerns in Wisbech and March
STREET drinking and speeding top a list of concerns expressed to police by residents of Wisbech and March.
The issues were highlighted as priorities for officers at neighbourhood forums held in the towns over the last fortnight.
Members of the public were invited to complete a questionnaire, the results of which will be used to identify community concerns and influence the response of police and partner agencies.
The most common concern in Wisbech was street drinking, which includes anti-social behaviour.
Officers will view tackling this as their top priority and they will also target speeding by carrying out enforcement activity and supporting Speedwatch.
You may also want to watch:
Speeding was highlighted as the biggest problem in March, followed by dog fouling and litter.
Sergeant Alan Boughen said: “We are pleased that so many people took the opportunity to raise their concerns as it has helped us and partner agencies to direct our resources at the issues that mean the most to local people.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
“We will take action over the next few months and then report back on how we have done.”