Street party inside a church a Jubilee hit for Leverington
A STREET party with a twist was held in Leverington to mark the Queen’s Jubilee.
The Friends of Leverington church hosted the 1950s-style street party INSIDE St Leonard’s Church on Tuesday so the unreliable weather of the weekend was never going to be an issue.
Around 100 villagers sat down to spam sandwiches, Melting Moments, jelly, evaporated milk and other delicacies of the decade.
The afternoon began with a rousing rendition of God Save The Queen followed by a special Jubilee grace.
Chairman of the Friends of Leverington Church Mary Watt said: “Memories were shared and an exhibition of individual’s personal mementoes were displayed.
You may also want to watch:
“The church looked splendid and the atmosphere was wonderful. Everyone had a wonderful time and felt it was a fitting way to remember this very special occasion.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder