Street Pride extends to you
FENLAND Council s nationally recognised Street Pride scheme is being launched to the public this month in a series of interactive workshops. After members of the public were asked to register their interest in forming their own local Street Pride groups,
FENLAND Council's nationally recognised Street Pride scheme is being launched to the public this month in a series of interactive workshops.
After members of the public were asked to register their interest in forming their own local Street Pride groups, five areas were chosen to act as pilot schemes for this phase of the project.
The residents of Chatteris, Elm, Parson Drove, Whittlesey and the Waterlees ward in Wisbech will now be leading the way in making Fenland a cleaner, greener and safer place. Successful pilot projects in these areas will allow the rest of Fenland to participate in the scheme in about 12 months' time.
The interactive workshops in January will enable residents to discuss any environmental problems they may have witnessed and to agree on a course of action to improve the target areas.
You may also want to watch:
So, if you want to improve your local environment and meet other like-minded people, come along to one of the workshops to see how you really can make a difference.
The workshops will be held at:
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Monday January 22 (7pm)
Sports pavilion, Main Road
WISBECH WATERLEES WARD
Tuesday January 23 (7pm)
Oasis Centre, St. Michaels Avenue
Wednesday January 24 (7pm)
Town Hall, Market Street
Thursday 25 January 25 (7pm)
Bricstan Hall (rear of Parish Church)
- For more information on Street Pride, please contact Jo Hart, Street Pride co-ordinator, on 01354 602163 or e-mail email@example.com