StreetLife tour continues in Chatteris and Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Ever wondered what your high street was like during World War Two? Then StreetLife is the exhibition for you.
The group will visit Chatteris Parish Church on Friday 19 August from 5-8pm then on Saturday 20 from 10am-4pm.
StreetLife then comes to Parson’s Lane, Littleport on Sunday 21 from 10am-4pm.
The pop-up exhibitions are free to attend and suitable for all ages.
“We have worked with our local volunteers from each town to create an exhibition that makes local history accessible to local people as well as presenting it in a fun and interactive way,” said project manager Hetti Wood.
You may also want to watch:
“So far we have been very well received at all of our events and the sun has kept shining so fingers crossed for this weekend as well.”
As well as the tours, StreetLife has been visiting local schools, organisations and societies.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
For more information visit www.hlfstreetlife.org or search StreetLifeHLF on Facebook.