Two handbag thefts within three days outside Co-Op store in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Two separate handbag thefts have occurred in Whittlesey – outside the Co-Op store – within three days.
Police in Whittlesey have received two reports of handbag thefts, one on Sunday (December 3) and one on Tuesday (December 5).
The first incident is still under investigation and police are putting plans in place to prevent further thefts.
A spokesman said: “At our next community engagement we will have a quantity of bells for you to attach to handbags and purses.
“This should alert you if somebody attempts to take your property. Town centre patrols will also be in place”
You may also want to watch:
The second incident happened while the victim was loading her car with shopping – the offenders took their chance to take the handbag without the victim’s knowledge.
A member of the public witnessed the theft and challenged the offenders, who threw the handbag back and drove off without taking anything. The incident is now under full investigation.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
CCTV inquiries are ongoing and police are liaising with local shops to trace any witnesses who may have been in the area between 7pm and 7.15pm. Call police on 101 referencing crime number 04122017-0388.