Student leaders selected at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
A new team of student leaders have been selected following a ‘rigorous’ day-long selection process at Cromwell Community College.
Sixth formers performed in a variety of tasks to prove they were up to the job.
The first senior head girl at Cromwell is Ellen Turner and the first senior head boy is Tom Bedford. They said they are thrilled to be offered the post and are excited at the prospect of working with the pupils, staff and governors.
Pupils in Year 10 also underwent a selection process to be chosen as junior head girl and junior head boy. Connie Snow and Luke Parnell impressed the panel and were selected for the role.
Principal Jane Horn said: “We are very excited about our new student leadership structure.
“All of the students who participated in the selection process did a fantastic job and the final decision was a difficult one to make.
“I am very proud of all of the candidates but especially of those selected.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 6 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
“I am looking forward to working with them during their term of office.”