Students devastated at FACET after thieves steal gardening equipment they planned to use to revamp run down areas of March
- Credit: Archant
Students at a charity education college for adults in March are devastated after burglars stole gardening equipment they were planning to use to restore run down areas of town.
FACET, a local charity education centre was the target of a break-in when thieves made away with more than £2,000 worth of horticultural and gardening equipment from their base on the Marwick Road industrial road.
The goods included a wood chipper and a whacker Plate which are used to teach adults with learning difficulties life skills and the practical knowledge to one day lead independent lifestyles and gain the confidence to find work.
Kris Harrold, manager, said: “The students are devastated to find out such a crime has taken place.
“Classes are up and running as usual as the students unite to show they won’t be brought down by such a cruel act.
You may also want to watch:
“FACET offers so much to those which most need the support of the community and something like this has really hit us hard.
“It is so disappointing to think that there are people out there which would steal from a charity which tries to give back to the local area.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
“The equipment taken was currently being used by the students to try and restore run down areas of March and now these projects have had to be put on hold whilst we replace what was taken,” Kris said.
FACET will be installing ultra HD CCTV cameras as soon as possible to prevent such events reoccurring.
• If you have any information about the burglary over Easter bank Holiday weekend please contact police 101 quoting crime number