Students exhibit fine art of penmanship
TWO Fenland students have been rewarded for their neat handwriting in a competition as part of the East of England Country Show. Megan Doyle and Ellie Farquhar, both Year 7 students at the Cromwell Community College in Chatteris, picked up second and th
TWO Fenland students have been rewarded for their neat handwriting in a competition as part of the East of England Country Show.
Megan Doyle and Ellie Farquhar, both Year 7 students at the Cromwell Community College in Chatteris, picked up second and third places respectively in the Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother's Handwriting Competition.
They were entered against fellow secondary school students from around Peterborough, after they copy-wrote a poem in their English lessons.
Both Megan and Ellie received complementary family tickets to the three-day show, held last weekend at the East of England Showground in Peterborough, and were presented with a certificate and book voucher each at the show.
You may also want to watch:
The awards continue the school's success the same competition, which they enter every year.
Jackie Harding, resource centre manager at Cromwell who organised the school's entries, said: "We are really pleased that, yet again, we have managed to pick up two awards.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
"They have obviously have got very good handwriting to have won the awards.