Stunning flowers, musical entertainment and more at upcoming Peckover House Christmas open days
- Credit: Archant
Special open days for Christmas have become part of Peckover House’s tradition, with the event becoming more popular each year.
This year promises to be the same, as the team of talented flower arrangers and groups begin their work, adding seasonal beauty to the historical rooms.
Christmas, with the scents of pine, flowers and spices filling the air, always brings its own magic to the house, with schools and organisations adding their flair and imagination to the mix.
Some of the National Trust house’s volunteers are decorating a tree to reflect their hobbies, such as Christine Carr who will be turning her love of cricket into a tree theme.
During the six days’ opening there will be entertainment by local choirs and musicians, with mulled wine and homemade mince pies available, to make the experience complete.
You may also want to watch:
The House will be open from Saturday to Tuesday and then December 13-14, from noon to last admission at 4.30pm. Entrance is free to National Trust members, with the normal entrance charge applying otherwise. Not all rooms will be open.
For more information contact Peckover House on North Brink, Wisbech on 01945 583463 or visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/peckover.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'