Stunning pictures of garage fire in Wisbech caught on camera by reader
A READER captured these stunning pictures of a garage fire in Wisbech after being woken by the sound of its roaring flames.
Michael Stoppard of Sefton Avenue in Wisbech grabbed his camera to take these dramatic pictures of the fire opposite his home in the early hours of Monday.
Mr Stoppard said: “The noise actually woke me and wife up because it was so
“The sound of popping and banging made us look out of the window and we saw flames shooting through the roof.
You may also want to watch:
“It was such a spectacular sight that I just grabbed my camera and started taking pictures.”
Two crews from Wisbech were called to the blaze at the 4m by 5m domestic garage at 12.20am on Monday.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
When they arrived the found the blaze well-alight and use three hose reels to extinguish the fire.
Crews arrived back at their station by 2.25am but one returned in the morning just as a precaution.