Style supreme at Marshland High School prom
- Credit: Archant
It was the big event of the year marking the end of months of hard work and students at Marshland High made sure they turned out in style to celebrate.
Beautiful gowns and sharp suits were out in force for the school prom and bringing the students to the event were a range of amazing vehicles putting glitz and glamour on the map.
Afterwards the students enjoyed a party organised by a committee of pupils and staff.
Proms can be traced back to simple banquets that 19th century American universities held for graduating classes.
A growing teenage culture pushed proms younger and by the 1950s, a thriving postwar economy saw more high schools hold them in luxury venues other than in the school hall.
You may also want to watch:
President Kennedy rescheduled a 1963 $1,000-a-plate fund raiser at the Beverly Hilton to accommodate a local school whose prom had been booked for the same time.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache