Garden waste customers promised £2 discount for early payment
- Credit: Archant
Residents across Fenland are being encouraged to save money by signing up to a waste disposal service.
Fenland District Council (FDC) will be restarting their garden waste service, where brown bins will be collected once every two weeks, from April next year, with more than 22,500 residents across the district already signed up.
Although the annual cost of the service will rise from £40 to £45, the first spike in five years, it has also increased its discount for direct debit customers from 10 to 15 per cent, reducing the overall cost to £38 for the coming season.
The discount will apply to new and existing customers, as the council service bids to remain one of the lowest-priced authority garden waste services in the region.
Councillor Peter Murphy, FDC’s portfolio holder for the environment, said: “I’m delighted that we continue to provide an excellent service for residents to dispose of their garden waste, easily, correctly and effectively.
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry that we are unable to avoid an increase in the fee in this the fifth year of the service, but as costs rise, we find ourselves with no option if we are to keep to our original commitment of the service covering its costs each year.”
New direct debit subscriptions for the 2021-22 service go on sale from December 1 with card and cash payment subscriptions going live on January 4, 2021.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Existing direct debit customers will have their subscriptions renewed in February next year.
For more information on the garden waste service and to sign up, visit https://www.fenland.gov.uk/gardenwaste or call 01354 654321.