Subway is officially opened in March
- Credit: Archant
Popular snack stop Subway was officially opened in March with a red ribbon cutting ceremony that shows the town “is on the up.”
Mayor Councillor Rob Skoulding welcomed the national chain brand into the town saying he hoped it would prove a great success.
“The family have put a lot of money and effort into making the store look fantastic and I wish theme very success in the new venture,” Cllr Skoulding said.
“Bringing a high street brand to March is a really welcome sign that the town is on the up,” he added.
Subway opened for business on Wednesday (3) and received its official opening on Saturday (6).
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Skoulding said: “The shop was very busy, staff were friendly and in all I’m really pleased to welcome the store to town.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle