Subway March team raises £200 for charity at annual 5k run
A team of fundraisers from Subway March raised more than £200 by completing the annual Subway 5k Run on Sunday.
Despite scorching temperatures of more than 30 degrees, over 1,000 Subway team members from across the country took part in the run at Jesus Green in Cambridge.
The team from March included Sarah Edis, Brianna North, Chelsea Rayner, Jaz Jatana, manager Lewis Sindle and area manager Debbie Wells.
Money raised from sonsorship will go towards Heart Research UK and Subway’s Healthy Heart grant scheme.
The scheme provides up to £10,000 to local projects throughout the UK that actively promote heart health in the community.
You may also want to watch:
One person who attended the event said on social media: “Thank you for putting on such a good event. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, the organisation was superb and the marshalls did a fantastic job.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack