Success for 24 Cromwell students in Intermediate UK Maths Challenge
A TOTAL of 24 students from Cromwell Community College, Chatteris, won certificates in the Intermediate UK Maths Challenge.
The challenge, which comprises 25 problems which have to be solved within one hour, was tackled by students in Years 9-11.
Anna Skorobogatova won gold and best in school. She is now entering the Pink Kangaroo European Maths Challenge, for students in Years 10-11.
Ben Millsom also won gold and will test himself in the Grey Kangaroo European Maths Challenge, for students in Years 9 and below.
Other certificate winners are:
You may also want to watch:
Silver: Fay Mackenzie, Gwen Harlock, Sam McWilliams, Nicholas Ayres, Matthijs Nooteboom, Jesper Scott, Jordan Tweed, Thomas Hare and Chloe Hughes.
Bronze: Gabrielle Rabemannanjara, Grace Groves, Sam Smy, Sophie Bunting, Cherry Cooke, Kayleigh Mcevoy, Joe Baker, Anna Fleming, Harry Matthews, Ashley Palmer, Thomas Wayman, Connor Baldock and Sophie Mott.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital