Success Storey for local band
TWO March brothers spent their savings on launching a record album and this week celebrated the launch of their first album. Liam and Arron Storey formed Storey , a six-piece band based in London, and have recruited a third former March man Ryan Lemmon a
TWO March brothers spent their savings on launching a record album and this week celebrated the launch of their first album.
Liam and Arron Storey formed 'Storey', a six-piece band based in London, and have recruited a third former March man Ryan Lemmon as the band's vocalist.
The band are selling the album, Out of Reach on Readback Records, for £7.50 but have promised £1 from every sale to Leukaemia Research.
Mum Val Storey, of County Road, said she was "extremely proud" of her sons, who returned to March at the weekend to organise a local launch for their album.
You may also want to watch:
"It's early days yet, but we're really thrilled for them," said Mrs Storey.
Arron, 24, who plays guitars and key-boards, said: "Its been a fantastic time since the launch. We've had the album played on a local BBC station, and it's been taken up by some of the internet music sites."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Brother Liam, 22, says he moved to London four years ago after A- levels "to get a taste of life and reality".
Once there, he went to music college to study drums. "That's what I do now," he said. "Music is pretty much my life, spent playing and listening to anything I can get my hand on."
As well as being the drummer/percussionist for Storey, he teaches drums at secondary schools in Berkshire and West London.
Arron has featured in several bands over the years, but his aim has always been to form a band to perform his own material.
Former March man Ryan Lemmon, 24, has chosen a different route up to now - the majority of his working life being spent in the Royal Navy as a physical training instructor.
He now lives in Portsmouth with his wife and child but says he is "looking forward to getting the songs from Out Of Reach out to the public with regular live gigs and promotions".