WITH the Poppy appeal, Eleven.Eleven. and Remembrance Sunday now well behind us, it is time once again to thank everyone for their generosity and support during those events. Thanks to the public of March for their donations and for their support at the c
WITH the Poppy appeal, Eleven.Eleven. and Remembrance Sunday now well behind us, it is time once again to thank everyone for their generosity and support during those events.
Thanks to the public of March for their donations and for their support at the ceremonies, the businesses and shops for providing an outlet for the poppies, all collectors and those who helped in the preparation of the poppy boxes.
On the distribution/collection side special thanks go to Terry Hunt, Ray Voss, Janet Anderson and the March branch of The Royal Naval Association.
A special thanks also to March Royal British Legion Club for providing the branch with a base for the Poppy Appeal and an extra thanks for the magnificent donation, raised through their "bed push".
You may also want to watch:
For the Eleven.Eleven and Remembrance Sunday, thanks are due to the general public, Parade Marshal Barry Howlett, the Rev Anthony Chandler, the Police, the Royal Naval Association, the ATC and ACF, all other organisations on parade, not forgetting March Brass 2000 and John Pecorini, for his renditions of the Last Post and Reveille.
Final and most heartfelt thanks are due to that band of veterans who march every year to honour their fallen comrades. When George Church, Military Medal, mentioned in dispatches, delivered the Exhortation and Kohima at St Peter's and the memorial, only the insensitive could have missed the emotion in his voice.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
B S GOWLER, Chairman, March Branch Royal British Legion, West End, March