Sue Ryder opening new shop in Wisbech next month
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITY shop will open in Wisbech during the Rose Fair next month.
Sue Ryder is fitting out the shop next door to its current one in the town’s Market Place.
The shop, which opens on July 3, will offer an extended range of products, including furniture.
It will be the second of 10 being opened to support the £6 million appeal to fund the building of a new hospice at Thorpe Hall, Peterborough, which will serve Cambridgeshire and west Norfolk.
Tara Thorpe, Sue Ryder’s retail fundraising appeal manager, said: “We are really pleased to have finally secured a shop where we can offer furniture and an extended clothing range to our Wisbech customers who have proved themselves to be very loyal.
“Many of our customers have visited our other furniture shops and have been asking when they can have one nearer to them. Now they can.”
The new shop will share resources and staff with the current shop, which will reduce costs.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 4 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
If you have any items to donate for sale in the new shop contact the retail team on 01945 466919.