Sue Ryder opening new shop in Wisbech next month
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITY shop will open in Wisbech during the Rose Fair next month.
Sue Ryder is fitting out the shop next door to its current one in the town’s Market Place.
The shop, which opens on July 3, will offer an extended range of products, including furniture.
It will be the second of 10 being opened to support the £6 million appeal to fund the building of a new hospice at Thorpe Hall, Peterborough, which will serve Cambridgeshire and west Norfolk.
Tara Thorpe, Sue Ryder’s retail fundraising appeal manager, said: “We are really pleased to have finally secured a shop where we can offer furniture and an extended clothing range to our Wisbech customers who have proved themselves to be very loyal.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of our customers have visited our other furniture shops and have been asking when they can have one nearer to them. Now they can.”
The new shop will share resources and staff with the current shop, which will reduce costs.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
If you have any items to donate for sale in the new shop contact the retail team on 01945 466919.