Sue Ryder cup! March Golf Club to begin year of fundraising for local hospice
- Credit: Supplied
A golf captain from the Fens is gearing up for a year of fundraising for a hospice which cared for her late father.
Emma Norman from Chatteris is the ladies captain for 2020 at March Golf Club and has chosen to support Sue Ryder Thope Hall Hospice.
Emma, who has been a member of the club for four years, will lead members in fundraising for the charity throughout next year.
She said: "The hospice in Peterborough is where my Dad, who passed away in January 2019, spent the last 10 days of his life.
"The care he and the rest of my family received was something we will be forever grateful for."
You may also want to watch:
The hospice provides palliative care to people living with life-limiting conditions, as well as supporting their families, across Cambridgeshire.
Its care is free of charge to those who need it, however it needs to raise £2.4 million this year to continue to provide it.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Nilesh Patel, senior community fundraiser at Thorpe Hall Hospice, said: "We look forward to hearing about your fantastic fundraising over the coming months.
"It costs us £9,000 a day to run our services and be there when it matters for local families.
"We couldn't do that without the kind help and support of our local community and people like Emma.
"If you are thinking about fundraising, please do pick up the phone and get in touch; we'd love to support you every step of the way and help you to achieve your fundraising goals."