Sue Ryder cup! March Golf Club to begin year of fundraising for local hospice
- Credit: Supplied
A golf captain from the Fens is gearing up for a year of fundraising for a hospice which cared for her late father.
Emma Norman from Chatteris is the ladies captain for 2020 at March Golf Club and has chosen to support Sue Ryder Thope Hall Hospice.
Emma, who has been a member of the club for four years, will lead members in fundraising for the charity throughout next year.
She said: "The hospice in Peterborough is where my Dad, who passed away in January 2019, spent the last 10 days of his life.
"The care he and the rest of my family received was something we will be forever grateful for."
You may also want to watch:
The hospice provides palliative care to people living with life-limiting conditions, as well as supporting their families, across Cambridgeshire.
Its care is free of charge to those who need it, however it needs to raise £2.4 million this year to continue to provide it.
- 1 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 2 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 6 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 7 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 10 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
Nilesh Patel, senior community fundraiser at Thorpe Hall Hospice, said: "We look forward to hearing about your fantastic fundraising over the coming months.
"It costs us £9,000 a day to run our services and be there when it matters for local families.
"We couldn't do that without the kind help and support of our local community and people like Emma.
"If you are thinking about fundraising, please do pick up the phone and get in touch; we'd love to support you every step of the way and help you to achieve your fundraising goals."