Sugar and spice and all things nice - cake and coffee at Tydd St Giles raises money for children in Haiti
- Credit: Archant
A former Wisbech Grammar School student is raising money to help children in Haiti build their confidence following the natural disaster in their country last year.
Eliza Burrrows McGill is holding a cake and coffee day at Tydd St Giles Golf and Country Club on Friday July 14 from 11am to 3pm.
The fund raising is to finance a trip to the area where she will be giving art classes alongside dance and drama.
Eliza, 22, about to graduate from Loughbourough University, said: “Haiti remains one of the poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere.
“Today, 2.5 million people in the country – a quarter of its population – continue to experience extreme poverty.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be working with the school children in Cite Soleil to help strengthen their skills and confidence through teaching art classes as they currently have no access to this subject.
“These young people are delighted to be having this chance to learn new skills and be able to express themselves through the power of art and dance and drama.”
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
“Please help me by coming along and becoming a part of this special project.”