Summer lovin’ - residents at a Wisbech care home have fun in the sun at the Rose fair dressed as characters from Grease
- Credit: Archant
Grease was the word for residents at a Wisbech care home who dressed up as pink ladies and T birds for the Rose Fair.
The 15 residents of Lyncroft Care Home took to the streets as part of the waling paraders.
A home spokesman said many residents were local to the town and had enjoyed attending Rose Fair for many years.
Jan Davison, home manager at Lyncroft, said: “Residents were supported and cheered on by families, friends and neighbours who came to watch.
“People in the crowd were clapping as our residents went past which was quite an emotional moment”.
You may also want to watch:
Both residents and staff took part in the parade, the home’s theme was the musical Grease, with everyone dressing up as either Pink Ladies or T-birds.
Some residents travelled on the minibus and others were in wheelchairs pushed by staff who gave up their personal time to support the cause.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Friends and family of residents and staff also joined in, including local teenager Tasha Willows.
Tasha’s grandmother was a resident at Lyncroft Care Home until April 2015. Tasha has continued to raise money for the resident’s Comfort Fund in her spare time.
Residents met the Mayor of Wisbech, councillor Garry Tibbs, who spent time asking questions about the home while chatting to some of the residents.
“Our home is still buzzing with the events. Although we didn’t win a fun time was had by all,” said Jan.