Summer picnic for Park Lane Primary School, Whittlesey
LUNCH was served in the great outdoors for a junior school’s summer picnic.
Park Lane Primary School pupils usually have to make do with plastic tables and chairs inside the school’s hall.
But on Friday (June 18) teachers threw the doors open and decided to let children have a bite to eat outside after a fine spell of warm weather.
Caterers cooked burger buns for some of the hungry kids whereas others munched on their packed lunches in the glorious Whittlesey sunshine.
Head teacher Val Cameron said it was “relaxing” for pupils and staff to have a meal outside.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It’s nice to have something to eat outside - we all like that, don’t we?
“It is always very popular with the pupils.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early