Summer picnic for Park Lane Primary School, Whittlesey
LUNCH was served in the great outdoors for a junior school’s summer picnic.
Park Lane Primary School pupils usually have to make do with plastic tables and chairs inside the school’s hall.
But on Friday (June 18) teachers threw the doors open and decided to let children have a bite to eat outside after a fine spell of warm weather.
Caterers cooked burger buns for some of the hungry kids whereas others munched on their packed lunches in the glorious Whittlesey sunshine.
Head teacher Val Cameron said it was “relaxing” for pupils and staff to have a meal outside.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It’s nice to have something to eat outside - we all like that, don’t we?
“It is always very popular with the pupils.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s