Town council aims to lift the people of Chatteris with annual summer shows
- Credit: Archant
It may not be exactly the same, but Chatteris Town Council’s annual Summer Fun shows aim to bring some much-needed entertainment following the coronavirus lockdown.
The council has organised two shows for children aged three to eight-years-old and their families this month and September after the government lifted restrictions on outdoor theatres.
The shows will feature the likes of a Little Red Riding Hood performance, as well as the Mad Etiquette theatre group.
A spokesperson for Chatteris Town Council said: “Two carefully managed shows will be held at Furrowfields Recreation Ground at 11am on Friday, August 28 and Friday, September 4, weather permitting.
“On August 28, the popular Booster Cushion will return to Chatteris to perform Little Red Riding Hood and Friends and on September 4, a theatre group new to Chatteris, Mad Etiquette, will present Captain Cauliflower and Marvin the Mischievous Moose.”
You may also want to watch:
MORE: Chatteris resident on a mission to clean up hometown during lockdown helps raise hundreds
There is no charge for either show but numbers are limited and children must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Families will be invited to bring their own picnic blankets to ensure social distancing, and children will be required to keep those blankets.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01354 695166 or visit the Chatteris Town Council Facebook page.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told