Sunny day success at Wisbech care home summer fete
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech care home raised more than £700 when it held a popular summer event with music, song and games.
Glenfield care centre had music from the West Norfolk Rock Choir led by Mike Tandy who sang for an hour at the event.
Also entertaining was popular local singer Bondy.
There were birds of prey from Dawn to Dusk falconry alongside a whole range of stalls, refreshments, games and car boot stalls at the fete which enjoyed sunshine all day.
The money raised will go toward the residents’ amenity fund which pays for extra trips out and entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Things enjoyed in recent years include a seaside trip to Hunstanton, trips to local tea rooms, panto players coming in to entertain and a day out to the Queen’s Estate in Sandringham.
Glennfield Care Centre, in Moneybank, is a purpose built 84-bed care home, which opened in November 2008.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March
It provides nursing, dementia nursing, residential frail and dementia care.
We also offer accommodation for individuals who require early onset dementia care.