Whittlesey care home residents spend day out in Hunstanton thanks to lions club donation
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents from Whittlesey enjoyed a sunny seaside trip thanks to a donation from the town’s lions club.
Residents from The Elms care home on Arnold’s Lane were able to stroll along the promenade after the Whittlesey Lions Club donated funds to hire a mini-bus.
The club donated the money after Steve Palmer, president, heard the home, owned by HC-One’s, was organising the beach trip.
Katie Coulson, The Elms home manager, said: “On behalf of the residents and my colleagues at The Elms I would like to thank Whittlesey Lions Club for their kindness and generosity in supporting our home and making this special day out possible.”
Residents, along with volunteers, wellbeing coordinators and members of the care team, set off on Friday, July 20 for a day at the seaside.
You may also want to watch:
“When they arrived everyone enjoyed a stroll along the seafront, taking in the fresh air and beautiful views followed by a delicious fish and chip lunch at a local restaurant”, a spokesman for the home said.
“Residents Norah and Deanna decided to have a browse in the shops throughout the afternoon then enjoyed a nice glass of wine before heading back to the minibus.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 9 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
Dennis Prior, resident at The Elms, said that it was the best day out he has ever had.