Nine-year-old Charlotte Self from Chatteris scoops top prize at equestrian competition
- Credit: Supplied/Family
A Fenland youngster has scooped a top prize at a West Sussex equestrian competition over the weekend.
Charlotte Self from Chatteris competed at her first championship show at the weekend and won first prize in her class.
The nine-year-old won in the 'Style and Performance Class' at this year's Sunshine Tour Championships held in Hickstead from September 12 to 15.
Charlotte and her pony, Sarnau Spirit, was up against 39 competitors in the final judging competition and came home with the win.
She said: "We went to have fun [at the competition] and anything else was a bonus."
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte's mum said: "She has worked extremely hard with her pony Sprite getting to know each other since they became a partnership in January.
"Charlotte came off the lead rein in showjumping in January and Sprite has taught her so much already."
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Rebecca Stansfield of The Sunshine Tour said: "The tour offers a fabulous opportunity for unaffiliated riders to experience the fun and excitement of competition."
For more information, visit: www.hickstead.co.uk