Super slimmer Emma is March Slimming World group’s Miss Slinky and woman of the year
A WOMAN who shed 6st in less than a year was crowned her Slimming World group’s Miss Slinky and Woman of the Year.
Members of Slimming World’s March group chose Emma Parkinson as winner of both awards after her remarkable weight loss in just 46 weeks.
Emma said: “A year ago I was a size 22 and wasn’t in a good place. I felt angry with myself and just wished I could be slim and go into any shop and buy a dress.
“A year on and 6st lighter I feel fantastic. I was able to wear a beautiful dress to the NECCA annual ball - and it felt fantastic.”
Helen Moore, consultant for the March group, said: “It has been a pleasure to watch Emma blossom into the beautiful young woman she has become. She always gives so much to the group and is a great inspiration, not only with her weight loss journey but her food ideas as well.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Slimming World’s March group contact Helen on 07711 985276.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend