Super stars saving lives - the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust are praised
- Credit: Archant
Amazing is how the staff at the region’s ambulance service have been described in a survey.
One patient said that: “I would not be here without their capable hands or speed, they are the best.”
Comments such as ‘completely professional’ and ‘the safest in the country’ have been made in the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust survey.
Sandy Brown, director of nursing and clinical quality at EEAST said: “It’s enormously beneficial to see respondents informing us on these high levels of quality of care.
“It’s something which is at the forefront of our priorities and which we will continue to work on moving forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Robert Morton, chief executive of EEAST, said: “It is extremely rewarding for myself and staff alike to hear such positive comments about the service people have received.
“These results speak volumes about the constant high levels of professionalism and care all of our staff in the East of England put in on a daily basis.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
“I’d like to thank all who provided us with this invaluable feedback, it helps us improve the service we deliver.”
More than 90 patients completed questionnaires with 97.7 per cent describing the service as satisfactory or very satisfactory.
More than 96 per cent of respondents found the service either met their expectations or exceeded them.
However, one in 20 people said their journey in the ambulance was uncomfortable.
In addition, 100 per cent of respondents were very satisfied, satisfied, or fairly satisfied with the care they received from staff.
A patient from East Suffolk said: “I feel safest with EEAST staff.
Another patient added: “They have all been wonderful, professional, kind, reassuring and experts at what they do. I cannot stress enough how grateful I am for their help.”
‘Completely professional’ and the ‘safest in the country’ were other comments made.