WATCH: Cambridgeshire woman wins £113,000 supercar and £20,000 cash while on holiday in Egypt
- Credit: Archant
A lucky woman turned a holiday to Egypt into the trip of a lifetime after winning a BMW i8 and boot-full of cash at the airport.
Amanda Lewis, 38, from Tydd Gote, near Wisbech, played the luxury car competition last week at Gatwick Airport moments before she boarded the plane with her family.
The competition was organised by dreamcar company BOTB.
BOTB traditionally surprise the weekly winner by delivering their new wheels to their door, but with Amanda out of the country it was left to BOTB founder Will Hindmarch to break the news over FaceTime.
The fully-loaded BMW i8 is worth a staggering £113,000 and will also be supplied with a years’ worth of fuel and insurance.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda found out when she was stood next to her mum and dad in her hotel room.
“I can’t quite believe it!” she said. “My husband is out diving at the moment so I’ll have to surprise him too.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March
“I never expected to win first time. It really is a dream come true, I’m still pinching myself now.” Amanda added. “This holiday has been unbelievable but now I really can’t wait to come home.”
BOTB has run its trademark car competitions every week since 1999, and punters can win the car of their dreams for less than £1.
Will Hindmarch said: “Surprising the winner is usually down to our presenter Christian Williams but given Amanda’s on holiday in Egypt and took plenty of tracking down it was left to me to deliver the good news.
“She was already having the time of her life on holiday but now it’s got even better. What a car and what a story. This is what BOTB is all about.”