Superfast broadband arrives in parts of March, Wisbech and Whittlesey
- Credit: Getty Images
SUPERFAST broadband is available to the first homes and businesses in Fenland.
More than 26,000 households and businesses in Wisbech, Whittlesey and March can access the high-speed connection.
It is hoped 98 per cent of Cambridgeshire will have superfast broadband by the end of 2015.
Noelle Godfrey, Connecting Cambridgeshire programme director, said: “We welcome the news of the roll-out of fibre broadband in Fenland, which is a significant step.
“The Connecting Cambridgeshire intervention programme is also working with BT to bring better broadband to homes and businesses in those more challenging areas that would not otherwise get it by 2015.”
You may also want to watch:
At home, fibre broadband enables a family to simultaneously download a movie, watch a TV replay service, surf the internet and play games online at the same time.
A whole album can be downloaded in less than 30 seconds and a feature-length high-definition movie in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle