Supermarket gives super donation to the RSPCA
- Credit: Archant
The Block Fen branch of the RSPCA has benefitted by hundreds of pounds thanks to being charity of the year for the March branch of Sainsbury’s.
The latest in a line of donations was presented to the animal rescue charity when a cheque for £671.06 was given recently.
Money was raised through collection boxes at the tills although other fund raisers have included staff dressing up as animal characters to collect donations from customers.
Every year the store chooses a local charity as suggested by customers and then voted on by store staff.
The RSPCA year ended in May and the charity for 2014/5 is yet to be announced.
You may also want to watch:
Commercial manager Mark Green thanked customers for their support and added it was impressive how much could be raised through such simple means like the collection boxes.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 10 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car