Support for church bells from Australia
WHAT a sad old day for not so Merrie England in the town of March where there is complain of the sounds of bells from the Old Church.
The spire that welcomes home the weary traveller and can be seen for miles and miles before. The bells that have warned of war. The bells that have rung in elation of peace. The bells that celebrate marriage, that ring of sadness in death. The bells that remind and welcome the faithful.
Just a few short weeks ago I walked out into a crisp sunny January Sunday morning in the town of March to be welcomed by the joyful sounds of the bells ringing from the Old Church. The bells that cheer wherever you may hear them both long and far.
What sad people there are in the town of March in not so Merrie England who perhaps would be better living in a clime or country where there is no Freedoms of the sounds of the bells from the Old Church.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory