Support the Organists
I COULDN’T agree more with James Trundle’s letter, Support The Organists, in last week’s Cambs Times.
I COULDN’T agree more with James Trundle’s letter, Support The Organists, in last week’s Cambs Times. These days one comes across canned music almost everywhere, certainly in crematoria, but there’s nothing like an organ played by a real person.
Believe me, I know, because most Sundays I delight in James’ playing at St Mary’s Church services. Since the disastrous fire, he has had to make do with an electronic organ in St Mary’s parish room, but it’s almost as good as the real thing. But we sorely miss the pipe organ in St Mary’s, especially when James is at the keyboard.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations