Susan is getting set for another successful charity ball in aid of breast cancer research
- Credit: Archant
This three-litre bottle of vodka is the top raffle prize at a March woman’s sixth annual charity dinner in aid of Breast Cancer Care.
The ball, which takes place at the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon on November 29, is organised by Susan Rushworth, a breast cancer survivor.
This year’s event has a German theme and those in attendance will be treated to reception drinks, a four-course meal, wine, an auction, live music and a disco.
Star prize in a raffle is the bottle of vodka, which has been donated by an anonymous benefactor. A pennant signed by the Manchester United first team is also on offer.
Mrs Rushworth, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007, has raised thousands of pounds for Breast Cancer Care since her first event.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Not many people know how important Breast Cancer Care is until they actually experience breast cancer.
“The number of people this year in the UK who have been diagnosed with breast cancer is around 70,000, with about 700 of those being men.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
“Over the past five years we have raised more than £14,000 and I want to raise as much as I can this time around.”
The black-tie event takes place from 7pm-1am and tickets cost £45.
For tickets or to donate a raffle prize, e-mail email@example.com or call 07810 688312.