Suspended jail sentence for drink driver
A DRINK driver who had to be air lifted to hospital after crashing in Wisbech has been given a suspended jail sentence.
While in hospital Angela Borrow gave a blood test reading of almost four times the legal alcohol limit -- she told police she had drunk a bottle of vodka.
Appearing before Fenland magistrates, 53-year-old Borrow, of Smeeth Road, Marshland St James admitted drink driving on Redmore Lane, Wisbech, on April 25.
She was banned from driving for three years, given a 12-week suspended jail sentence, and ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work, and pay �85 costs.
After the single vehicle accident, doctors feared Borrow had suffered a head injury and she was put into a medically induced coma, said prosecutor Scheherazade Haque.
You may also want to watch:
“She told police she had bought and consumed a bottle of vodka before driving her car,” added Miss Haque.
Solicitor George Sorrell said Borrow and her husband had recently returned from their life on the Continent, due to their son’s illness.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
“Because of the worries she has encountered, she has suffered with her health,” he said. “On the day in question, she decided to take some vodka, but she disputes she drank a bottle of vodka. She is not familiar with that drink, it was the worries that made her resort to that.
“The purpose of the journey was to take her dog into the countryside for a walk, she has no recollection of what caused the accident.”