Suspended sentence for Ely man who sexually harassed two women
- Credit: Archant
A MAN who sexually harassed two women as they walked along streets in Ely has been placed on the Sex Offenders Register.
Phillip Lemon, 20, of Darwin Close, Ely, exposed himself to a 16-year-old girl while he was in his car in Dunstan Street shortly after 8am on March 1.
He then targeted a 46-year-old woman three days later in Ship Lane, again while sitting is his car. He initially asked for directions but then started making sexual comments.
Police trawled through CCTV and managed to identify the car involved in both incidents. Lemon was arrested in April.
He was charged with indecent exposure and harassment. He denied the offences but was convicted following a trial at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced on Tuesday to six weeks’ imprisonment, suspended for 18 months, an 18-month supervision order and must carry out 150 hours’ unpaid work. He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £80 and £675 court costs. He was also placed on the Sex Offenders Register.
PC Rachel McKenzie said: “These were very distressing incidents for the victims who felt very vulnerable when approached by Lemon in isolated spots. The offences will have lasting effects on them.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
“We are pleased that a dangerous individual is now on the Sex Offenders Register and will be monitored closely in the future.”