Sutton Bridge Golf Club marks milestone anniversary with centenary dinner
- Credit: Archant
More than 130 members and guests attended Sutton Bridge Golf Club’s centenary dinner.
Before the dinner started, trophies were presented to par three competition winners Jay Bunn and Judy Green.
Then, club captain John Caney spoke about the club’s momentous achievement and diners tucked in to a meal provided by the Flying Chef of King’s Lynn.
Guest speaker Richard Frisby shared golfing anecdotes before guests retired to the clubhouse to carry on the festivities.
Several more events are planned to mark the club’s 100th anniversary - a Centenary Cup will be held on June 3, a Centenary Pro-Am will take place on July 18 and the South Lincolnshire League’s annual meeting will be staged for the first time at Sutton Bridge on October 11.
You may also want to watch:
Applications to enter the Pro-Am are available from the club secretary on 01945 583656 or at www.club-noticeboard.co.uk/suttonbridge/
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation