Sven in latest selection poser
THEY RE fit, ready and willing to spring into action should the call come from Sven. These are the boys and girls from the Fens ready to serve their country at a moment s notice. No Premiership wages for these lads and lasses, however. A fresh bone and pe
THEY'RE fit, ready and willing to spring into action should the call come from Sven.
These are the boys and girls from the Fens ready to serve their country at a moment's notice.
No Premiership wages for these lads and lasses, however. A fresh bone and perhaps some Pedigree Chum and they're all yours.
But if the phone doesn't ring before England's quarter-final match with Portugal tomorrow, then Bella, Millie, Harvey and Holly will, as usual, be glued to the TV.
You may also want to watch:
For together this quartet of Fenland fanatics comprise the Kenalure Kickers. They have been trained by cocker spaniel breeder Sandra Billimore, of Kenalure Cocker Spaniels, in Wimblington Road, March.
Tracey Thorpe, who owns Holly, said: "All players are match fit and eager to play, should the call be made, and all have a penchant for close ball control, especially fetch and carry."
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
The four dogs, aged between five months and seven years, were bred at Kenalure Kennels and now live privately with families in March.
Tracey added: "They wear their T-shirts with pride whenever England are playing."
Harvey plays in goal because nothing will get past him as he fills the goal. Tracey says Holly is the team's striker as she hopes to follow in the footsteps of her nine-year-old daughter Georgia, who is a striker for March Soccer School girls' under 11s.
"Bella is a midfielder due to her boundless energy, while Millie is waiting for her big chance like England starlet, Theo Walcott," she added.