Swiss interns at Coates Primary School
TWO of teaching’s brightest international prospects landed an internship at a Fenland primary school.
Nicole Wartenweiler and Gerber Seraina have been getting a foot on the teaching ladder at Coates Primary School.
The two Swiss students have been working alongside regular classroom teachers for three weeks and “actively participate” in teaching the children.
Sadly they leave to go back to their home country today (Friday, June 25) but parent governor Clare Hook said they had made a great contribution.
She added: “They are part of a programme which has seen the school have Swiss trainee students visit the school each summer for over 10 years.”
You may also want to watch:
She also said the school, in The Fold, Coates, Whittlesey, is also part of an international internship where students visit from Japan.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s