Swiss interns at Coates Primary School
TWO of teaching’s brightest international prospects landed an internship at a Fenland primary school.
Nicole Wartenweiler and Gerber Seraina have been getting a foot on the teaching ladder at Coates Primary School.
The two Swiss students have been working alongside regular classroom teachers for three weeks and “actively participate” in teaching the children.
Sadly they leave to go back to their home country today (Friday, June 25) but parent governor Clare Hook said they had made a great contribution.
She added: “They are part of a programme which has seen the school have Swiss trainee students visit the school each summer for over 10 years.”
She also said the school, in The Fold, Coates, Whittlesey, is also part of an international internship where students visit from Japan.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer