Teenage boy arrested after clever police dog sniffs out his large sword he was carrying in Cambridgeshire city at 3am
- Credit: Supplied / Cambs Cops
A Cambridgeshire youngster has been arrested after they were spotted carrying a large sword at 3am.
The 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, attempted to ditch the weapon before he was stopped by police officers in Peterborough.
Unfortunately for the teen, police dog Krow was able to track down the red-handled sword which lead to his arrest on Monday morning (September 10).
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "A boy has been arrested after police dog Krow tracked down the sword he had discarded.
"The 16-year-old was seen on CCTV at around 3am in possession of a weapon near Railworld Wildlife Haven in Oundle Road, Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
"An officer stopped him in Oundle Road but when he was searched nothing was found.
"Fortunately PD Krow was on hand to search the area and quickly located the sword nearby which matched what had been seen on CCTV.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
"The boy remains in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station."