Take a trip down memory lane at the Fenland Big Weekender
- Credit: Archant
As part of the Fenland Big Weekender, prepare for a music-filled trip down memory lane through March in the 1960s from July 15 to 17.
Expect to hear music from The Hollies, The Yard Birds, Gerry & The Pacemakers and The Who, all whom played Marcam Hall throughout 1964 to 1966.
For just £20 per person, you will get a meal in a basket, a glass of punch, and an ‘amazing night of music and dance set in our very own timewarp’ say organisers.
The bar opens at 7pm and food will be served from 8.15pm till 9pm. On the menu will be a choice of chicken or veggie goujons and chips followed by black forest gateaux or lemon meringue pie, as well as the offer of a glass of punch upon arrival.
Entertainment starts from 8pm with dancing continuing till 11.30pm; dressing up is encouraged as a photo booth will help capture your 60’s trip and a prize for the best costumed man and woman will be awarded.
You may also want to watch:
“Treat yourself to this 60s experience: ideal for a special occasion, a special night out to remember, or a surprise gift for your loved ones,” say organisers.
If you’ve still got enough energy (of course you will!) then come back for the craft fair, games and Cellar Club Mega 60’s Showcase on Saturday and/or family film screenings on Sunday.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 7 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 8 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
There are also opportunities to get involved in the Fenland Big Weekender: take part in the local talent showcase or volunteer and be part of the 1960s atmosphere.
Tickets, £20 per person, or at a discounted rate for group bookings, can be purchased from these March locations: Oliver Cromwell Hotel, Panini’s Coffee Shop, Greetings Card and Gift Shop or visit http://thefenlandbigweekender.bpt.me/