Fenland take-away driver finds its not the food police want after they took away his car!
- Credit: Archant
Take-away delivery drivers in the Fens have been warned to check they have the correct insurance cover.
The warning come from Cambridgeshire police after they stopped a vehicle in Wisbech that was being used to deliver take-away food and found the driver was not insured.
“If you’re going to make take away deliveries you need business insurance,” said a police spokesman.
Fen Cops through their social media outlets posted a photo of the car being taken by their contractors.
“This car did not have business insurance so we took it away on the back of a recovery truck,” said the spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
The advice from Fens Cops was simple.
“Stay insured,” they said. “This car did not have business insurance so we took it away on the back of a recovery truck.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
Across Cambridgeshire police have been seizing cars at the rate of almost six a day with some, where the owners don’t pay up, being crushed.
In 2017 police seized 2,085 vehicles because the driver did not have insurance in place or was driving with an invalid licence. Half these were later crushed or sold at auction after their owners did not pay the money to have them recovered.
Police say that as well as a release fee, owners of seized cars must pay a daily storage fee until they collect them.