Fenland takeaways vow to deliver essential supplies to elderly people in isolation amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Two Fenland takeaways have offered up their delivery cars to take essential supplies to elderly people in self isolation amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Eastern Promise in March and Chilli Masters in Chatteris will take 'what ever you need' to those stuck at home between 5pm and 10pm each day as COVID-19 hits the county.
Mohammed Zakeria, of Chilli Masters, said: 'If there are any elderly people or people in self isolation or who have problems going to shops for basic essentials call us on 694636.
'We will try to get what ever you need and deliver it to your door free of charge.
'I know most vulnerable are the elderly and they have no access to Facebook, so if you know anyone who needs assistance please inform them.'
You may also want to watch:
A similar message was sent out on the Eastern Promise Facebook page - those in March needing their support can call 01354 650804.
To get the latest coronavirus updates in Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/1153933028284260
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire