Taking it a bit easier in Whittlesey as new bench is put in place outside GP surgery
- Credit: Archant
A real community effort has resulted in life being made a bit easier for those attending a Whittlesey surgery.
Just outside the Queen Street surgery is a stunning park bench that owes its existence to a number of good causes.
Whittlesey Round Table produced the cash for the bench that is situated next to the A605 and is making it more comfortable for those who need to rest before or after calling in to see their GP.
The Round Table used some of the proceeds from their Christmas carol float collection to provide the bench.
But that was when voluntary street pride workers came along to help to dig out the foundations for the bench and then cement it into its allocated position.
You may also want to watch:
A Round Table spokesman said they were delighted with the community rallying to help.
“It shows too that money collected “is being spent back into the community”.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Now it’s in place street pride volunteers have promised to care for the bench and look after any maintenance issues.